Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Patty's

This is a day late now, but Happy St Patrick's day. I figure since I have yet to do more than comment on a blog, its my turn...
After working a long day at the hospital and being told ALLL day "you must be Irish, with that red hair" and with the delivery of my new stove, I decided to give the corned beef and cabbage a try. Not realizing that it takes 3+ hours to cook that beef thing, dinner was ready at 10pm and was NOT worth the wait! I wish I had a picture to show you ladies. I pretty much filled up on cabbage and red potatoes.
If you haven't yet, I don't recommend trying corned beef, it is SUPER salty and SUPER fatty. Needless to say I think Chewy (the dog) got the most enjoyment out of the meal.

Next year I'm going with Lisa's St Patty's idea...shamrock cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment